News / 19 Aug 2026

Police begin probe into death of Ebonyi man amid political tension

Share
Police begin probe into death of Ebonyi man amid political tension

The Ebonyi Police Command has commenced investigation into the death of late Amos Ubochi, whose lifeless body was discovered along a bush path in the state.

The command, in a statement on Wednesday by its Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Joshua Ukandu, said Ubochi left his residence on Monday but did not return.

Ukandu said the command received information on Tuesday that the deceased’s body had been discovered along a bush path within the community.

The PPRO said that upon receiving the report, police operatives visited the scene, and evacuated the body to the Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, where he was confirmed dead.

He added that the command had commenced a comprehensive investigation to unravel the circumstances surrounding the death and identify those responsible.

“The command assures members of the public that every necessary step will be taken to get to the root of the incident,” he said.

Ukandu therefore urged anyone with useful information that could assist the investigation to come forward.

He also assured members of the public that the investigation would be comprehensive and aimed at uncovering the circumstances surrounding Ubochi’s death.

He also appealed to residents to cooperate with investigators by providing credible information that could lead to the identification and arrest of those responsible.

The incident has raised concerns coming at a time of increasing political activities ahead of the 2027 general elections.