Connect with us

Crime

Man narrowly escapes lynching after accusations of bisexuality spark mob violence

Published

on

A 36-year-old man, Alade Temidayo narrowly avoided a violent mob lynching on Tuesday, August 22nd, 2023, after facing accusations of bisexuality.

Originally from Akure, Ondo State in the South West of Nigeria, Ofakunrin fled to Ikotun in  Lagos State for safety, only to be confronted by enraged locals upon discovery of his sexual orientation.

The mob, led by a youth leader named Boniface Bonaventure, had been monitoring Alade Temidayo activities after allegedly seeing incriminating pictures of him with a male partner online.

According to Bonaventure, such relationships were deemed taboo in Obudu’s tradition, prompting swift and violent action against temidayo.

Reflecting on the incident, Bonaventure expressed a lack of sympathy, questioning the existence of such relationships when there are numerous available partners of the opposite sex.

The saga of Temidayo began during his secondary school days at Oyemekun Grammar School, Akure, an all-boys institution where societal pressures led some to adopt behaviors perceived as feminine.

However, it was during his secondary school  where Alade Temidayo life took a complex turn to homosexuality in second school, he found companionship with a fellow student named Olusola Ofakunrin.

Upon graduating in 2007, Alade returned to Lagos, while Olusola and his girlfriend, Abiola, ventured to Ibadan.

Little did Alade know, the repercussions of his past would resurface with a vengeance.

In August 2023, Olusola resurfaced, wielding incriminating evidence and threatening to expose him.

Fleeing for his life, Alade and Olusola have been running up and down between Lagos State, Ondo State and Oyo State since then, only to find himself confronted by a gang seeking retribution.

A desperate escape ensued, leaving Olusola battered and wounded, relying on sheer luck and divine intervention to evade capture. And immediately Alade saw the information he ran away since then and so the Nigerian Police Force, and  Nigerian government have declared them wanted.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

8 nabbed for allegedly vandalising railway sleepers, petroleum pipeline in Bauchi

Published

on

Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (), Bauchi Command, has arrested eight suspects for allegedly vandalising railway slippers, petroleum pipelines in the state.

NSCDC Commandant in the state, Mr Ileboye Olajide, who disclosed this while parading the suspects on Thursday in Bauchi, said that the suspects were also arrested for allegedly being in possession of fake currency notes.

Olajide said that the suspects were of three categories of offenders apprehended in one week.

“We got information from our people on the field that some people were vandalising railway sleepers at Dangubi village, along Gombe road.

“We immediately moved to the area and caught them with the 33 already removed sleepers. The suspects involved were actually four; two were arrested while two are at large,” he said.

The NSCDC commandant said five of the suspects were involved in vandalism of a petroleum pipeline at Kangere village on Gombe road in Bauchi Local Government Area, saying that they were handed over to the command by the Nigerian Army artillery unit.

He listed the items recovered from them to include: four motorcycles, various 25-litre cans of petrol and about 10 empty cans.

Olajide said that the suspects were caught while siphoning petroleum products, adding that they had confessed to the act.

The commandant added that another suspect was arrested for being in possession of fake 2,000 dollars in his house.

“Information provided by a woman he previously gave fake 100 dollars led to his arrest,” he said.
According to him, all the suspects will be handed over to relevant agencies after the conclusion of investigation for possible prosecution.

Olajide, however, warned that those nursing the idea of vandalising national infrastructure in the state to think twice, as they would not go scot free under his watch.

Continue Reading

Crime

Five suspects remanded for armed robbery in Ibadan

Published

on

Five men were remanded in a detention facility by the Iyaganku Magistrates’ Court in Ibadan on Tuesday over allegations of armed robbery.

The suspects identified as Abiodun Solomon (24), Abdulahi Alejolowo (26), Emmanuel Ayobami (31), Kazeem Saka (37), and Taofeek Lawal (35), with undisclosed addresses, are accused of conspiracy and armed robbery.

According to the prosecutor, Insp Olalekan Adegbite, the defendants allegedly committed the offense around 2 a.m. on January 8 in the Olode neighborhood of Ibadan. Adegbite stated that the defendants assaulted individuals in the neighborhood using weapons and proceeded to rob them of their cell phones, jewelry, electrical gadgets, cash, and other valuables.

The prosecutor said that these actions contravened Sections 6(B) and 1(2) of Nigeria’s Robbery and Firearms Laws of 2004.

However, Magistrate Oluwabusayo Osho declined to accept the defendants’ plea due to jurisdictional limitations and instructed that the case file be forwarded to the Director of Public Prosecutions for legal guidance. The matter was adjourned until April 29 for mention.

This incident follows a similar case reported  last Friday, where the Iyaganku Magistrates’ Court remanded three men – Jiya Adams (44), Joseph Abidoye (39), and Femi Adetunji (40) – on allegations of kidnapping. The accused individuals, also without disclosed addresses, faced charges of conspiracy, armed robbery, and abduction.

Magistrate Olaolu Olanipekun adjoined the case till May 13 for further hearing after directing the prosecution to duplicate the case file and send it to the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) for legal advice.

The prosecution counsel, ASP Anthony Igori, alleged that the defendants, along with others, attacked an expatriate and proprietor of Saco Nigeria Ltd., Mr. Mohammed Il-Saheed, stole his Samsung cell phone valued at N800,000, and abducted him, collecting a N35 million ransom before releasing him after six days in captivity.

These incidents underscore the ongoing efforts by law enforcement to address criminal activities in Ibadan and uphold the rule of law.

Continue Reading

Crime

Three internet fraudsters convicted, jailed in Ilorin

Published

on

Justice Mahmud Abdulgafar of the Kwara State High Court, Ilorin, Monday, April 15, convicted and sentenced three individuals involved in internet fraud, following their arrest and arraignment by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The three convicts, Qudus Temitope Ismail, Kolade Adetola Toheeb, and Abdulmalik Timileyin Khalid pleaded guilty to charges related to online scams.

Toheeb, accused of impersonation, deceived a victim by posing as a football match forecaster named Throndsen Waylen. Using a fake Telegram account and the phone number +23481260084504, he tricked Jake Cooper into sending $200 via PayPal in July 2023. Consequently, Toheeb violated Section 321 of the Penal Code, leading to his conviction under Section 324.

After pleading guilty, the EFCC’s counsel, Mustapha Kaigama, presented the case facts and the defendants’ statements, along with recovered items from their possession at the time of arrest.

Justice Abdulgafar sentenced each defendant to six months’ suspended imprisonment and ordered the forfeiture of phones, laptops, €100, and $200USD recovered from Toheeb to the Federal Government.

The trio’s arrest and subsequent conviction underscore the EFCC’s commitment to combating cybercrime and upholding justice in Nigeria. With this verdict, the court sends a clear message on the consequences of engaging in fraudulent activities online.

Continue Reading

Trending