No fewer than 40 members of different families were rendered homeless on Monday in a fire outbreak which occurred at Onibata Compound, Alore in the llorin West Local Government Area of the state.
It was reported that the fire outbreak, which occurred at the early hours of Monday, affected 14 rooms which are being occupied by the victims.
Nobody could ascertain the cause of the fire which an eye witness said lasted for over three hours.
It took men of the fire fighters from the state Fire Service less than 30 minutes to put out the fire, preventing it from affecting more rooms.
Items damaged by the inferno included jewelries, clothing materials, electrical gadgets and other assorted materials.
While speaking with newsmen, Mr Suleiman Olohunoje and Mr AbdulGaniyu Olohunoje, two of the affected victims, said they were unable to salvage any of their belongings.
The victims appealed to both the state and the llorin West Local Government Council to come to their aid to alleviate their sufferings.
The Director of the State Fire Service, Mr Falade Olumuyiwa, while speaking with newsmen, who described the incident as unfortunate, sympatised with the victims.