We have prosecuted 600 suspects in 6 months — Ondo Amotekun

The Ondo State Amotekun Corps says it has arrested and prosecuted no fewer than 600 suspects in the last six months.

Chief AdetunjiAdeleye, Amotekun Corps Commander, disclosed this while parading 48 suspects on Wednesday in Akure.

Adeleye explained that the criminal activities spread across kidnapping, stealing of cows, attempted murder, fraud and illegal counterfeiting of money.

He said that those arrested and prosecuted were involved in cultism, illegal migration, stealing of planks, burglary, arson, anti-grazing activities and vandalisation of government assets.

Adeleye said that the 48 suspects had been profiled and would soon be prosecuted in court.

“The signals we are sending to criminals is that Ondo State is not a place where they can stay.

“We want them to know that once you kidnap, you can’t get away with it. If you steal a car, you can’t get away with it; if you breaks a house, we’ll pick you; so, what’s the point doing what you know you won’t get away with.

“We’re telling criminals in the state to get out of Ondo State.

“And to the good people of Ondo State, we want to reassure you that the government of Lucky Aiyedatiwa is resolute in making the state conducive for business, social activities and all that makes the state a good one to stay.

“About 600 suspects have been prosecuted between January and June 2024.

“So, kidnapping in Ondo State has gone down by 90 percent and the remaining 10 percent, we only have them in the boarders and the extreme.

“But in all of these few occasions, we always ensure that we rescue the victims and the suspects are made to face the music.”

NewsDirect
NewsDirect
Articles: 41164