Teenager electrocuted while fetching water in Abeokuta — Police confirm



By Sodiq Adelakun

Tragedy struck in the Olomore Housing Estate area of Abeokuta, Ogun State, as a 15-year-old girl, identified as Miracle Ogbonna, was electrocuted while fetching water.

Confirming the incident, SP Omolola Odutola, spokesperson of the Ogun State Police Command, revealed that the tragic event occurred on Sunday.

According to Odutola, the case was reported to the Divisional Police Office (DPO) at Lafenwa by one Onyekachi Silas, a resident of the Olomore Housing Estate. Silas reported that his younger brother informed him of the incident around 11:50 p.m. on Sunday.

Silas narrated that Miracle Ogbonna, who is his wife’s younger sister and resides with them, was electrocuted while fetching water from the well.

He explained that there was a power outage in the house at the time, and as Ogbonna went to the well to fetch water, power was restored.

Unfortunately, she was tragically electrocuted by a naked cable wire of the pumping machine inside the well.

She was rushed to a private hospital, but the doctor on duty confirmed Ogbonna dead.

Odutola further stated that investigations into the incident had commenced, and the victim’s body has been deposited at the Oke Lantoro morgue.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Exit mobile version