Ebonyi Government House gutted by fire

0

A section of the Ebonyi Government House was on Friday gutted by fire which disrupted activities within the complex.

The fire was said to have gutted the Accounts Department.

However, no life was reported lost in the fire which started around 9 a.m.

Senior Assistant to the Governor David Umahi on Internal Security, Dr Kenneth Ugbala, told newsmen that it took the combined efforts of workers and the State Fire Service to put out the fire.

“The fire outbreak was caused by a faulty electrical connection within the accounts section and the level of damage was minimal.

“An upholstery and cottons within the section were completely burnt and we would ascertain the true extent of damage when the fire service concludes its task,’’ he said.

The state Chief Fire Officer, James Owoh said that his officers promptly responded to the distress call from the Government House.

He said, “We have always been responsive to distress calls and Government House officials acknowledged that the situation was promptly put under control.”