The Kaduna State Police Command has rescued three kidnapped victims and dislodged a suspected bandits’ hideout in Makarfi Local Government Area.
The command made this known in a statement issued on Saturday by its Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Mansir Hassan.
Hassan said the operation followed credible intelligence received on Aug. 21 about suspicious movements around Gidan Mijin Gwaggo, Durum, in Makarfi Local Government Area.
He said the Commissioner of Police, CP Rabiu Muhammad, directed the Divisional Police Officer, Makarfi Division, to lead a patrol team, in collaboration with local vigilantes to the area.
According to him, the suspected kidnappers opened fire on sighting the security personnel, leading to a fierce gun duel.
He said the suspects were forced to flee into the surrounding bushes with gunshot injuries.
Hassan said a subsequent search of a house belonging to one Yakubu Sule revealed that the building was being used as a hideout by suspected bandits.
He said three kidnapped victims were found in the house and rescued unharmed.
The victims included Alhaji Hamza Shuaibu-Gimi and two others.
He added that a Boxer motorcycle suspected to have been used by the kidnappers was also recovered from the premises.
The PPRO said the rescued victims had been reunited with their families, while efforts were ongoing to apprehend the fleeing suspects.
Hassan quoted the Commissioner of Police as commending the police personnel and local vigilantes for their prompt response and effective collaboration.
The CP assured residents of Makarfi and the people of Kaduna State of the command’s continued commitment to intelligence-led policing and strengthened community partnerships.
He urged members of the public to remain vigilant and provide timely and credible information to the police.
The commissioner said collective efforts remained critical to protecting lives and property and sustaining peace across the state.