The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Friday dismissed reports that it deducted marks of candidates that sat for this year Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
It advised the candidates to disregard the rumour.
The Head of JAMB Information and Media, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, dismissed the reports in a statement in Abuja.
According to Benjamin, the rumour was false, devilish and a ploy to cause disaffection among candidates who participated in the UTME.
He said, “It is no longer news that all our centres have CCTV camera and we have watched all proceedings at the Computer Based Test (CBT) centres across the nation.
“Those involved in any infraction will be sanctioned in accordance with the provision of the Examination Malpractice Act.
“The board has not deducted any marks from any candidate and is not contemplating doing that as it is not a condition for sanction in any of the provisions of the law against malpractice.
“Again, we call on all candidates to be mindful of fraudulent characters who will send misleading information to create panic and take advantage of the situation to defraud them.”
Benjamin said the examinations had so far been conducted for 1,698,835 candidates, adding that the remaining 19,950 would sit for the examination on Saturday.