Eight people have been killed and thousands rendered homeless due to a violent storm that swept through the South African city of Cape Town.
The storm had been sequel to months of drought.
Officials said a family of four, including four-year-old twins, died in the suburb of Kraaifontein after lightning set their house on fire.
A 60-year-old man died when his self-built shack collapsed due to the strong winds.
The storm came two weeks after the region declared a drought disaster.
Officials of the provincial disaster management unit had earlier said that five people were killed.
The unit said it was the worst storm to hit the Western Cape Province in 30 years.
A disaster management spokesperson said waves on the Atlantic Ocean swelled up to 13 metres high, inundating coastal streets and washing over cars.
Snow was forecast in higher regions of the Western Cape, while the weather service warned of possible flash floods.
Schools remained closed across the province on Wednesday.
Social network Facebook enabled residents of the Western Cape to mark themselves “safe,’’ a function usually offered after terrorist attacks.