Manchester United have been named the most valuable football team in the world, according to Forbes Magazine’s annual list.
In the overall list, the Dallas Cowboys are in first position.
The Dallas Cowboys deposed Real Madrid as the world’s most valuable team in 2016 and have retained their position as the world’s most valuable sports team.
Manchester United, top of the list in 2011 and 2012, moved above Barcelona and Real Madrid as the most valuable football team at $3.69bn (£2.86bn).
“Relocations and new stadiums are fuelling big increases in the value of NFL teams,” Kurt Badenhausen, senior editor at Forbes Media, explained.
Forbes’ top 10 most valuable teams
- Dallas Cowboys $4.2bn (£3.26bn) American football
- New York Yankees $3.7bn (£2.87bn) baseball
- Manchester United $3.69bn (£2.86bn) football
- Barcelona $3.64bn (£2.82bn) football
- Real Madrid $3.58bn (£2.78bn) football
- New England Patriots $3.4bn (£2.64bn) American football
- New York Knicks $3.3bn (£2.56bn) basketball
- New York Giants $3.1bn (£2.4bn) American football
- San Francisco 49ers $3bn (£2.33bn) American football
- Los Angeles Lakers $3bn (£2.33bn) basketball