The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has reacted to the freezing of its accounts.
A Federal High Court in Abuja, last week, ordered the freezing of its accounts over a N34bn contract.
The Court also ordered the deduction of over N17 billion from the accounts of the electoral body in favour of one of its contractors, Beddings Holdings Ltd (BHL).
But the electoral umpire has assured there is no cause for alarm.
Chief Press Secretary to the INEC chairman, Rotimi Oyekanmi told newsmen: “It will not affect the Ekiti governorship election”.
“The Independent National Electoral Commission has already taken steps to address the issue. The case is a recycled one. It is not new.
“But since it is now a matter before a Federal High Court, I would not want to comment further,” he said.
INEC had said that it would be making use of 10, 032 officials to conduct the July 14 governorship election in Ekiti state.
The commission also said provisionally the total number of registered voters that are expected to participate in the Ekiti governorship poll is 919, 513.