Gianluigi Donnarumma was sent death threats during contract negotiations with AC Milan, claims super agent Mino Raiola.
Last week, the Serie A club announced that the 18-year-old had decided not to extend his contract with the club beyond 2018.
“We were threatened, Milan have lost Donnarumma. I take the responsibility of his choice,” Raiola said.
“There was an overly hostile and violent situation that was created. Donnarumma was threatened, his family was threatened.
“Threats of not playing, death threats, banners never removed from the management and passive behaviour against us.
“It was never an economic matter, if there are two parties that want to find a solution they’d have done it. They [Milan management] handled a top player like Donnarumma wrongly, they were too exuberant.
“I wanted to know Milan’s project gradually? Yes but I was already guaranteed from the club won’t continue signing free agents.”
Raiola also insisted that he has reached no agreement with another club and says his relationship with the Rossoneri is not entirely broken.
“We have no agreement with any club, no club has pushed us to do anything. The problem is not economic, it’s a matter of form.
“We could no longer accept certain threats, certain tensions, psychological stress, the passivity of the club towards Gigio.
“Mirabelli? I am talking about Milan but Mirabelli is an exponent who did this and then he takes his own responsibility.
“I have nothing against Milan, relations with Fassone are great and if we have to talk we will do.
“However, Milan have now made their decision. We had to decide on June 13 and we have decided.
“If Donnarumma risks losing a year of his career? Yes it’s a big risk,” he added.