Boko Haram: NEMA, Borno govt give update on suicide bombings

0
169

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has confirmed the death of least five persons in Saturday evening’s suicide bombing believed to have been carried out by Boko Haram.

It said no fewer than 46 persons sustained various degrees of injury when an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was triggered at popular Muna Garage in Maiduguri, Borno State.

NEMA spokesman in North-East, Mr. Abdulkadir Ibrahim on Sunday disclosed that the attack was triggered by two bombers.

Ibrahim said: “Immediately we received a distress call, emergency response teams were dispatched to the scene.

“The suspected suicide bombers had detonated their explosives within 5 minutes interval at Muna Dalti settlement as a result, three persons died and the two bombers while others innocent people sustained various degrees of injury.”

Director Rescue Operation of Borno State Emergency Agency (SEMA), Usman Kachala, said the incident occurred at about 8pm.

Kachala said the corpses had been evacuated while 45 others injured in the suicide bomb attack are currently receiving treatment in Maiduguri at General Hospital Maiduguri.

Kachala said: “The two female suicide bombers detonated Improvised Explosives Device (IEDs) vests strapped to their bodies in a crowded place at Muna-Dalti area of Maiduguri on Saturday night. Two of the deceased actually died while on admission in the hospital.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here