Barely three years after some offices at the secretariat of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) were gutted by a mysterious early morning fire, there was another fire incident that jolted the office at its sister agencies.
This time it was the giant JMG 500 KVA generator that went up in flames yesterday afternoon exactly at about 1.45 pm.
Interestingly, the incident happened as the board of the NFF were meeting behind closed doors at the secretariat of the federation located at the Zone 7 Area of Abuja.
However, it took a combined effort of the staff assisted by men of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) who share the same premises with the NFF to put off the fire with fire extinguishers and buckets of soap water before the arrival of the Fire Service.
Many analysts have continued to wonder why the NFF keeps foot-dragging in moving into the ultra modern Sunday Dankaro House located at the Abuja National Stadium.
The present office at best could be described as a dilapidating house and the incessant fire incidents and the near unkept compound are the signature to the state of the building. Meanwhile, the board refused to talk to the media when they came out as they all jumped into their cars They were said to have gone to visit the Minister for Youth and Sports, Solomon Dalung over the death of his wife.