By Muhammad Goronyo, Sokoto
- Strengthening of Disease Surveillance and Emergency Response Unit whose activities are carried through a system of networking between Federal, State and Local Government Areas. This unit helped in curtailing the spread of Gastro-Enteritis, measles, CSM and Malaria when there was outbreak.
- Construction works at PHCs in Limani, Sabon Garin Dole Araba, Dingyadi and Salame cost the government the sum of N282,284,578
- Upgrading of Primary Healthcare Centres (PHCs) at Sabon Birni, Balle, Dange and Kware to General Hospitals at the cost N585,287,608
- Establishment of Healthcare Financing and Medical Tourism Development Unit
- Establishment of Data and Media Management Office which is now serving Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi States
- Sokoto became the best performing state in Nigeria in 2016 unde! the National Logistic Supply Chain Integrated Programme
- Establishment of Emergency Response Team (ERT) and introduction of Central Ambulance Service in Sokoto State.
- Renovation and expansion of the State Central Medical Store at Runjin Sambo, Sokoto. It’s one of the best in the Norther part of the country.
- Sponsoring of 31 students to study medical courses in foreign schools across the globe
- 1,000 traditional barbers (Wanzamai) and traditional birth attendants (Ungozoma) were trained on modern and safe healthcare practice in the state
- Employment of 1049 medical and health workers to boost the state manpower in the health sector
- 1,000,000 children received free Vitamin A supplement free of charge
- 276,483 children de-wormed in two years while 18,881 pregnant women received iron fersolate in the state
- 350 VVF patients treated at the Women and Children Hospital, Sokoto
- 5,662 Cataract and other ailment patients who underwent eye surgeries whose bills were settled by the State Government
- 59,853 patients screened and treated free for eye diseases across the state
- 683 Number of patients that had successful plastic surgeries to reconstruct their faces hitherto ravaged by Cancrum Oris
- 859,791 people, aged 2-30 years, immunised against cerebrospinal meningitis in the state in two years.
- 1798 children circumcised free in the 2016 KUIDU season
- 4,000,000 children immunised against the six child killer diseases in the state in two years
- Passed legislation to improve the Primary Healthcare Law and implemented the PHC under-one-roof policy
- Establishment of Emergency Operations Complex comprising of Accident and Emerncy Unit, Blood Transfusion Unit, Wards, Medical Equipment Workshop and Poly Clinic Dept at State Specialist Hospital, Sokoto
- In collaboration with RTI/LEAD, Sokoto has developed a new Strategic Health Plan for the year 2016 – 2020
- Renovation/Upgrading of 18 General Hospitals
- Establishment of State Community Contributory Health Scheme with N100 million as start-up capital
- Establishment of School of Community Midwifery at the State College of Nursing Sciences, Sokoto
- Establishment of Malaria Control Agency, the first of its kind in the North West geo-political zone
- Strengthening of Government Inspectorate Services.
- Sokoto is one of the states that joined the SAVING ONE MILLION LIVES programme of the Federal Ministry of Health which oversees maternal and child health issues in selected states in the federation and came first with Kano state.
- Implementation of the N2 billion 2016 work plan with UNICEF to improve education, health, hygiene, sanitation.
- Signing of N2.8 billion MoU with UNICEF for 2017 work plan. Implementation already in progress.
31.Renovation of maryam Abacha women and children hospital sokoto.
32.Free treatment to victims of Road/industrial accident at the state TRAUMA centre
33.Sokoto state government in collaboration with USAID distributed 3million insecticidal mosquito’s treated ne