Generator fume kills 10 wedding guests in Imo

0
80
The house where the wedding guests who died were lodged

There was a tragedy in Imo State on Monday as no fewer than ten traditional wedding guests died of fume from a generator and twenty others hospitalised.

The incident happened at Umuomumu Mbieri in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of the state.

A community source told our correspondent that the wedding guests from Anambra State decided to pass the night at their in-law’s house after the ceremony.

It was the fume from the generator which ran through the night until morning that killed them, News Men was told.

The State Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Ladodo, who confirmed the development to News Men said, “the generator was on in the kitchen while the doors and windows of the rooms the guests slept were locked.”

“It is a case of sudden and natural death but we have commenced an investigation. Assistance is being rendered to the survivors.”

The victims and survivors were taken to Ikeduru General Hospital.

News Men was not allowed to speak to the hospital management.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here